Most, if not all State and Federal projects require a licensed architect or engineer as the “Prime” professional and the interior designer works as a consultant to the prime. They do not need to be licensed, registered or certified as the license of the prime professional trumps all others.  There is no Federal law requiring interior designers to be Registered/Licensed/Certified or otherwise in order to bid or work on a Federal contract.