CEUs are a REQUIRED part of your Certification and need to be completed and reported to the CID Account regularly.
- You need 10 hours (which equals 1.0 Units) every two years.
- The time frame is from your Certification renewal date to renewal date (not by calendar year to calendar year).
- Failure to report CEUs will result in a Delinquent Status or possible loss of certification.
- CIDs with the commercial designation are required to complete 5 of the 10 hours in CA Building Code based courses.
- We accept CEUs from other providers.
- We accept CEUs from professional organizations, including: AIA, IDCEC, ASID, IIDA, NKBA, etc.
- We accept CEUs on interior design, codes, architecture, LEED, etc., and all related courses having to do with running a design business.
- Please report CEUs online using your CID Account.
- Do not mail or call them in. You must report CEUs directly to us (even if you reported them to another organization).
- IDCEC does not report CEUs directly to CCIDC, even if you have paid for them to do so.
- It is your responsibility to report all of your CEUs directly to your CID Account for credit.
- CCIDC provides a list of providers/courses for your convenience, the list is not exclusive and other courses not listed are available.
Do you offer a CEU that meets our Certified Interior Designer requirement?
If so, please contact us to provide a description and date of your course for inclusion on our website. Courses should be relevant to the practice or the business of interior design. CCIDC accepts any continuing education course offered by a university interior design department or by an accredited school or by professional interior designers or related organizations such as (but not limited to):
- American Institute of Architects – AIA
- American Institute of Building Design – AIBD
- American Society of Interior Designers – ASID
- Architectural Woodwork Institute – AWI
- California Building Officials – CALBO
- Construction Specifications Institute – CSI
- Interior Design Continuing Education Council – IDCEC
- Interior Design Society – IDS
- International Interior Design Association – IIDA
- National Kitchen & Bath Association – NKBA
- CCIDC also accepts continuing education courses offered at professional interior design trade shows.