Apply for the IDEX California – Path 4
Path 4 is a Path, for Candidates who would like to become Certified with a commercial designation, after successfully passing the IDEX California®.
Path 4 Candidates must provide proof of passing one of the following examinations, to qualify:
- ARE CQRID LEED-AP NCBDC NCIDQ NKBA-(CKBD) RIDQC
Path 4 Candidates must provide proof of recently passing the following California Based, International Codes Council (ICC) Courses to qualify;
2018 IBC Essentials with 2019 CA Amendments
This online course is intended to familiarize participants, specifically interior designers, with construction requirements which are common for most commercial buildings and will provide a basic understanding of the 2018 International Building Code and the 2019 California Building Code.
2019 CBC Title 24 Regulation (Energy)
This course will demonstrate the critical concepts of Title 24 (Energy) of the 2019 California Building Code that are most used by interior designers. These concepts provide a basis for the correct use of the code in the design, plan review, inspection, and analysis of commercial building projects. It will provide a clear understanding and correct use of the requirements identified by these basic code provisions, tables and categorizations. You will be able to apply the code in clear-cut situations and build your understanding of the intent of the code when asked to make code compliance decisions in commercial building projects.
2019 CBC Chapter 11B Accessibility in Public Buildings
This online course focuses on the minimum accessibility requirements for alterations in commercial facilities for compliance with the 2019 California Building Code, specifically for interior designers. It addresses the design, plan review and inspection of commercial buildings to ensure that people with physical impairments, visual impairments and hearing impairments can use the facilities. Participants will gain an understanding of the content as well as the new formats of the CBC and Chapter 11B.
2019 CBC Means of Egress
This course is an overview of the fundamental requirements for means of egress as indicated in the 2019 California Building Code. Participants will receive an overview of the fundamental requirements for means of egress as indicated in the 2019 California Building Code. Participants will be able to apply provisions of the 2019 CBC specifically related to the design, plan review and inspection of the means of egress system in commercial buildings.
Building Codes 101 for Interior Designers
This course will provide participants with the history, purpose and use of the Codes. This course provides information about the International Codes with a focus on the areas of the Building Code that are most often used by Interior Designers.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PATH 4
PLEASE NOTE: ALL 6 STEPS MUST BE COMPLETE FOR APPLICATIONS TO BE REVIEWED AND TO QUALIFY FOR EXAMINATION
CERTIFICATION APPLICATION/IDEX REGISTRATION
Please carefully follow these instructions in order to assure efficient processing of your application and entail all documentation required below to be cleared for CID and the IDEX examination. These instructions pertain to Path 4. The amount due for Path 4 is $500 ($700 for Applicants taking the IDEX at testing centers outside the USA). Your application will not be processed if all fees are not paid in full at the time of application submission.
The following information is to be provided to CCIDC:
A completed original CCIDC application.
Signed Code of Ethics:
This page must be mailed in with your “wet” signature, scans or emails are not accepted.
Proof of Examination Passage:
IDEX – This will be provided once you have passed the exam.
Plus one of the following approved national exams: ARE (Architects Registration Examination – NCARB), CQRID (Interior Design Society), NCBDC (American Institute of Building Designers), NCIDQ (ASID & IIDA), NKBA (Both CKD and CBD portions) or the RIDQC (Designer Society of America). There may be a separate fee from the professional organizations for the CQRID, NCIDQ, OR NKBA verification.
- Proof of completed ICC Courses:
- Building 101: Building Department Overview
- CBC/CFC Means of Egress
- California Building Code Title 24 Regulations
- CBC Chapter 11B: Accessibility in Public Buildings Public Accommodations, Commercial Buildings
- California Building Code Essentials.
|Course Released Online|
|2016 CBC Essentials||August 29, 2018|
|2016 CBC Title 24 Regulation (Energy)||August 29, 2018|
|2016 CBC Chapter 11B (Accessibility)||August 29, 2018|
|2016 CBC Means of Egress||August 29, 2018|
|Introduction to Building Codes for Interior Designers||August 29, 2018|
Proof of Identification:
Copy of applicant’s drivers license, State issued ID Card or Passport (must be legible and recognizable).
Proof of Payment:
The fee for IDEX Registration is $500.00 paid at the time of application submission. For International Applicants an additional $200 fee to take the IDEX at an international testing center ($700 total fee). Once you have passed the exam and your application has been approved by the Compliance Committee, you will be prompted to pay your first two years fees.
Submit the above information online **Except for the Code of Ethics** originals must be mailed in.
***Please note all fees are non-refundable***
There will be a $50.00 charge for returned checks and for declined credit card transactions.
Read the CCIDC Rules and Regulations
Follow the link below to create your Login Account to:
or LOGIN HERE to finish an application already in progress.
Important Facts For Applicants:
- Do NOT submit an application until ready to begin sitting for the IDEX California® Examination.
- Applications received after an application deadline will be held until the next application review window opens.
- Fees are non-refundable.
- Applicants have 1 year from submission to sit for the IDEX California Exam or applications will be nullified and the full process will have to be repeated successfully to gain certification.
- Only eligible applicants with the required proof of National Design Passage will be allowed to sit for the IDEX California® Examination.
- Submit complete applications. Incomplete applications are automatically placed on hold, and applicants are sent a ‘not approved’ email notification. When a previously incomplete application has been completed, CCIDC then will release the hold and review the application.
- Incomplete applications are held for ONE YEAR. After that time, applicants will need to start the application process over from the beginning, including uploading all materials, submitting fees and meeting eligibility requirements in effect at the time of the new application.
Read and sign the CCIDC CODE OF ETHICS
Print and mail original to CCIDC office.
Total Fees due with application (Includes Application Fee + IDEX Exam Fee + Testing Center Fee): $500 Total* International Candidates: $700 Total* **
*Fee is nonrefundable
**For Candidates taking the test at centers outside the US
Please attach the following items:
1. Proof of National Design Exam:
- One of the following approved national exams: ARE (Architects Registration Examination – NCARB), CQRID (Interior Design Society), NCBDC (American Institute of Building Designers), NCIDQ (ASID & IIDA), NKBA (Both CKD and CBD portions) or the RIDQC (Designer Society of America). There may be a separate fee from the professional organizations for the CQRID, NCIDQ, OR NKBA verification.
2. Proof of Identification:
Copy of applicant’s drivers license, State issued ID Card or Passport, must be legible and recognizable.
Please Mail the following items to the CCIDC Office:
365 W. Second Ave, Suite 102
Escondido, CA 92025
1. Signed Code Of Ethics
Original Code of Ethics form with “wet-signature” is required, no emailed/faxed copies accepted.institution.
IDEX® California Exam Information