Apply for the IDEX California – Path 3
Path 3 is a streamlined and cost saving path, for Candidates who have previously passed a national design exam, to become certified after successfully passing the IDEX California®.
Path 3 Candidates must provide proof of passing one of the following examinations, to qualify:
ARE CQRID NCARB NCBDC NCIDQ NKBA-(CKBD) RIDQC
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PATH 3
PLEASE NOTE: ALL 6 STEPS MUST BE COMPLETE FOR APPLICATIONS TO BE REVIEWED AND TO QUALIFY FOR EXAMINATION
CERTIFICATION APPLICATION/IDEX REGISTRATION
Please carefully follow these instructions in order to assure efficient processing of your application and entail all documentation required below to be cleared for CID and the IDEX examination. These instructions pertain to Path 3. The amount due for Path 3 is $500 ($700 for Applicants taking the IDEX at testing centers outside the USA). Your application will not be processed if all fees are not paid in full at the time of application submission.
The following information is to be provided to CCIDC:
A completed original CCIDC application.
Signed Code of Ethics:
This page must be mailed in with your “wet” signature, scans or emails are not accepted.
Proof of Examination Passage:
IDEX – This will be provided once you have passed the exam.
Plus one of the following approved national exams: ARE (Architects Registration Examination – NCARB), CQRID (Interior Design Society), NCBDC (American Institute of Building Designers), NCIDQ (ASID & IIDA), NKBA (Both CKD and CBD portions) or RIDQC (Designer Society of America). There may be a separate fee from the professional organizations for the CQRID, NCIDQ, OR NKBA verification.
Proof of Identification:
Copy of applicant’s drivers license, State issued ID Card or Passport (must be legible and recognizable).
Proof of Payment:
The fee for IDEX Registration is $500.00 paid at the time of application submission. For International Applicants an additional $200 fee to take the IDEX at an international testing center ($700 total fee). Once you have passed the exam and your application has been approved by the Compliance Committee, you will be prompted to pay your first two years fees.
Submit the above information online **Except for the Code of Ethics** originals must be mailed in.
***Please note all fees are non-refundable***
There will be a $50.00 charge for returned checks and for declined credit card transactions.
Read the CCIDC Rules and Regulations
Follow the link below to create your Login Account to:
or LOGIN HERE to finish an application already in progress (Log in with your Username and Password – Do NOT log in with WordPress).
Important Facts For Applicants:
- Do NOT submit an application until ready to begin sitting for the IDEX California® Examination.
- Applications received after an application deadline will be held until the next application review window opens.
- Fees are non-refundable.
- Applicants have 1 year from submission to sit for the IDEX California Exam or applications will be nullified and the full process will have to be repeated successfully to gain certification.
- Only eligible applicants with the required proof of National Design Passage will be allowed to sit for the IDEX California® Examination.
- Submit complete applications. Incomplete applications are automatically placed on hold, and applicants are sent a ‘not approved’ email notification. When a previously incomplete application has been completed, CCIDC then will release the hold and review the application.
- Incomplete applications are held for ONE YEAR. After that time, applicants will need to start the application process over from the beginning, including uploading all materials, submitting fees and meeting eligibility requirements in effect at the time of the new application.
Read and sign the CCIDC CODE OF ETHICS
Print and mail original to CCIDC office.
Total Fees due with application (Includes Application Fee + IDEX Exam Fee + Testing Center Fee**): $500 Total* International Candidates: $700 Total* **
*Fee is nonrefundable
**For Candidates taking the test at centers outside the US
Please attach the following items:
1. Proof of National Design Exam:
- One of the following approved national exams: ARE (Architects Registration Examination – NCARB), CQRID (Interior Design Society), NCBDC (American Institute of Building Designers), NCIDQ (ASID & IIDA), NKBA (Both CKD and CBD portions) or the RIDQC (Designer Society of America), There may be a separate fee from the professional organizations for the CQRID, NCIDQ, OR NKBA verification.
2. Proof of Identification:
Copy of applicant’s drivers license, State issued ID Card or Passport, must be legible and recognizable.
Please Mail the following items to the CCIDC Office:
365 W. Second Ave, Suite 102
Escondido, CA 92025
1. Signed Code Of Ethics
Original Code of Ethics form with “wet-signature” is required, no emailed/faxed copies accepted.institution.
IDEX California Exam Information
IDEX Study Materials
The “Official” IDEX® California Study Guide
A free, 28-page booklet prepared by CCIDC.
Provides background information on the IDEX® California
exam, including the schedule, rules, release of results,
exam format, content, sample questions and an FAQ
(not intended to be a ‘study manual’).
Third-party classes and materials
by Deni Mosser, CID
|The Original IDEX CA Prep Class|
On-Line and In-Person Classes
by Carol Lamkins, CID
|California Codes and Regulations for Interior Designers Resource Manual|
California Legislative Coalition for Interior Design (CLCID)