INSTRUCTIONS FOR PATH 3
PLEASE NOTE: ALL 6 STEPS MUST BE COMPLETE FOR APPLICATIONS TO BE REVIEWED AND TO QUALIFY FOR EXAMINATION
CERTIFICATION APPLICATION/IDEX REGISTRATION
Please carefully follow these instructions in order to assure efficient processing of your application and entail all documentation required below to be cleared for CID and the IDEX examination. These instructions pertain to Path 3. The amount due for Path 3 is $600. Your application will not be processed if all fees are not paid in full at the time of application submission.
The following information is to be provided to CCIDC:
- A completed original CCIDC application.
- Signed Code of Ethics:
- This page must be mailed in with your “wet” signature, scans or emails are not accepted.
- Proof of Examination Passage:
- IDEX – This will be provided once you have passed the exam.
- Plus one of the following approved national exams:
- ARE (Architects Registration Examination – NCARB)
- CQRID (Interior Design Society)
- NCBDC (American Institute of Building Designers)
- NCIDQ (ASID & IIDA)
- NKBA (Both CKD and CBD portions)
- RIDQC* (Designer Society of America).
- *RIDQC Proof of Experience:
- Provide 2 Years Diversified Work Experience.
- Proof of Identification:
- Copy of applicant’s drivers license, State issued ID Card or Passport (must be legible and recognizable).
- Proof of Payment:
- The fee for IDEX Registration is $600.00 paid at the time of application submission.
- Once you have passed the exam and your application has been approved by the Compliance Committee, you will be prompted to pay your first two years fees.
- Submit the above information online **Except for the Code of Ethics** originals must be mailed in.
Please read the CCIDC Payment Policy for Refund and returned Check fee information.
Follow the link below to create your Login Account to:
or LOGIN HERE to finish an application already in progress (Log in with your Username and Password – Do NOT log in with WordPress).
Important Facts For Applicants:
- Do NOT submit an application until ready to sit for the IDEX California® Examination.
- Applications received after an application deadline will be held until the next application review window opens.
- Fees are non-refundable.
- Applicants have 1 year from submission to sit for the IDEX California Exam or applications will be nullified and the full process will have to be repeated successfully to gain certification.
- Only eligible applicants with the required proof of National Design Passage will be allowed to sit for the IDEX California® Examination.
- Submit complete applications. Incomplete applications are automatically placed on hold, and will be deleted.
Print and mail the hand-signed original to CCIDC office.
Pay your Application Fees
To pay via credit card: You must be logged into your IDEX Account, select the Pay Certification Fees Here link at the top left corner.
Please Note: In the required “Invoice” field, please enter: “IDEX – Candidate Name”
Mail checks to: CCIDC, Inc. – 365 W. Second Ave, Suite 221, Escondido, CA 92025
Total Fees due with application (Includes Application Fee + IDEX Exam Fee + Testing Center Fee**): $600 Total*
*Fee is nonrefundable
**Application fees must be submitted with application.
Please attach the following items:
1. Proof of National Design Exam:
- One of the following approved national exams: ARE (Architects Registration Examination – NCARB), CQRID (Interior Design Society), LEED-AP (U.S. Green Building Council), NCBDC (American Institute of Building Designers), NCIDQ (ASID & IIDA), NKBA (Both CKD and CBD portions) or the RIDQC + 2 Years work experience (Designer Society of America), There may be a separate fee from the professional organizations for the CQRID, NCIDQ, OR NKBA verification.
2. Proof of Identification:
Copy of applicant’s drivers license, State issued ID Card or Passport, must be legible and recognizable.
Please Mail the following items to the CCIDC Office:
365 W. Second Ave, Suite 221
Escondido, CA 92025
1. Signed Code Of Ethics
Original Code of Ethics form with “wet-signature” is required, no emailed/faxed copies accepted.
- Registration Deadline for the Spring IDEX California® Examination is March 1st
- Registration Deadline for the Fall IDEX California® Examination is August 1st