INSTRUCTIONS FOR PATH 2
PLEASE NOTE: ALL 6 STEPS MUST BE COMPLETE FOR APPLICATIONS TO BE REVIEWED AND TO QUALIFY FOR EXAMINATION
CERTIFICATION APPLICATION/IDEX REGISTRATION
Please carefully follow these instructions in order to assure efficient processing of your application and entail all documentation required below to be cleared for CID and the IDEX examination. These instructions pertain to Path 2. The amount due for Path 2 is $600. Your application will not be processed if all fees are not paid in full at the time of application submission.
The following information is to be provided to CCIDC:
- A completed original CCIDC application.
- Signed Code of Ethics:
- This page must be mailed in with your “wet” signature, scans or emails are not accepted.
- Proof of Education:
- Sealed transcripts from the educational institution. If your name has changed, please attach the Applicants name to the transcripts.
- Proof of diversified Interior Design Experience:
- For Self-Employment Experience
- Tax Return going back the amount of years you are claiming experience.
- Please note, only the page of the tax return listing your occupation as an Interior Designer is required.
- Verification of employment/occupation letter from a CPA or Attorney. Must be for the length of time claiming experience and notarized.
- For all other Employment
- Verifiable Resume:
- Applicants may satisfy this requirement by submitting a resume including:
- detailed employer contact information
- precise date of hire and termination
- hours per week worked.
- Proof of Examination Passage:
- Note the IDEX California examination proof of exam passage will be provided for you.
- Proof of Identification:
- Copy of applicant’s drivers license, State issued ID Card or Passport (must be legible and recognizable).
- Proof of Payment:
- The fee for IDEX Registration is $600.00 paid at the time of application submission.
- Once you have passed the exam and your application has been approved by the Compliance Committee, you will be prompted to pay your first two years fees.
- Submit the above information online **Except for Transcripts and Code of Ethics** originals must be mailed in.
Please read the CCIDC Payment Policy for Refund and returned Check fee information.
Follow the link below to create your Login Account to:
or LOGIN HERE to finish an application already in progress (Log in with your Username and Password – Do NOT log in with WordPress).
Important Facts For Applicants:
- Do NOT submit an application until ready to begin sitting for the IDEX California® Examination.
- Applications received after an application deadline will be held until the next application review window opens.
- Fees are non-refundable.
- Applicants have 1 year from submission to sit for the IDEX California Exam or applications will be nullified and the full process will have to be repeated successfully to gain certification.
- Only eligible applicants with the required combination of education and work experience will be allowed to sit for the IDEX California® Examination. Specific details on eligible combinations can be found in the Categories of Certification.
- Submit complete applications. Incomplete applications are automatically placed on hold, and applicants are sent a ‘not approved’ email notification. When a previously incomplete application has been completed, CCIDC then will release the hold and review the application.
- Incomplete applications are held for ONE YEAR. After that time, applicants will need to start the application process over from the beginning, including uploading all materials, submitting fees and meeting eligibility requirements in effect at the time of the new application.
Print and mail original to CCIDC office.
Pay your Application Fees
To pay via credit card: You must be logged into your IDEX Account, select the Pay Certification Fees Here link at the top left corner.
Please Note: In the required “Invoice” field, please enter: IDEX – Candidates Name
Mail checks to: CCIDC, Inc. – 365 W. Second Ave, Suite 102, Escondido, CA 92029
Total Fees due with application (Includes Application Fee + IDEX Exam Fee + Testing Center Fee**): $600 Total*
*Fee is nonrefundable
Application fees must be submitted with application.
Please attach the following items:
1. Proof of diversified Interior Design Experience:
- IF YOU ARE SELF-EMPLOYED – A Tax Return that claims yourself as an Interior Designer in the occupation section going back the amount of years you are claiming experience for or letter from a CPA or Attorney.OR IF YOU ARE NOT SELF-EMPLOYED – Verifiable Resume: Applicants may satisfy this requirement by submitting a resume entailing detailed employer contact information, precise duration of employment and hours worked.
2. Proof of Identification:
Copy of applicant’s drivers license, State issued ID Card or Passport, must be legible and recognizable.
Please Mail the following items to the CCIDC Office:
365 W. Second Ave, Suite 102
Escondido, CA 92025
1. Signed Code Of Ethics
Original Code of Ethics form with “wet-signature” is required, no emailed/faxed copies accepted.
2. Official Transcripts (Paths 2A, 2B & 2C)
All transcripts must be official, they may be mailed or emailed directly from your school/educational institution.
- Registration Deadline for the Spring IDEX California® Examination is March 1st
- Registration Deadline for the Fall IDEX California® Examination is August 1st